Mission & Vision
We exist to follow Jesus in authentic community
for the world.
- We see people coming to life in Jesus and making disciples in relationship by living a life worth imitating and inviting others to follow them as they follow Jesus.
- We see a church family surrendered to Jesus and responsive to the Holy Spirit in a way that skeptics, cynics, and unbelievers are drawn to Christ through us.
- We see a church family united across our city in communities where people experience following Jesus together. These communities are large enough to have a party, small enough to be known, and ready to act in a way that makes a difference.
- We see ourselves gathering publicly each week to celebrate Jesus and encounter God through song, Scripture, prayer and sacraments and leaving with anticipation for the next time. We see ourselves staying long term in the Hollywood District of Portland and starting new gatherings in other parts of the city.
- We see ourselves sacrificially and creatively engaged in meeting some of the most critical needs in Portland – poverty, education, human-trafficking, foster care – with no strings attached, but with the hope of making Jesus known.
- We see Mosaic pouring people and financial resources into select long-term international partnerships as an extension of our love for God and humanity.
- We see isolated, broken, and struggling individuals experience healing and freedom in Christ through support and recovery groups that address a wide range of emotional hurts and destructive addictions.
- We see college students and young professionals anchored to Jesus as the result of being cared for and challenged through mentoring relationships that help them set the course for a full life of following Jesus and making a difference in the world.
- We see ourselves calling husbands and wives to fulfill their marriage vows in a way that brings honor to Jesus and offers an example of sacrificial love to a world increasingly disillusioned with, or unaware of, God’s gift of marriage.
- We see a church family that equips parents to be the primary spiritual influencers (disciplers) of their children by providing training, mentoring, and modeling with the hope that children will respond to Jesus and experience life in him.
- We see a ministry designed for our city’s children and youth that comes alongside parents and provides a fun and meaningful environment in which to know and follow Jesus and make him known.
- We see ourselves planting a new church in our region each year by regularly sending people and resources in partnership with the Portland Metro Network.
- We see ourselves investing in and developing the next generation of leaders through a multi-year cohort in which they receive real ministry leadership experience, training, mentoring, and accredited college education.