- We believe all people are created in God’s image and are exceedingly valuable to him. Central to the message of the Bible is that God loves people and invites them to live in communion with himself and community with each other.
Genesis 1:26-27; John 3:16-17; Acts 2:42-47; Colossians 3
- We believe there is only one God, creator of heaven and earth, who exists eternally as three persons; Father, Son and Holy Spirit, each fully God yet each personally distinct from the other.
Genesis 1:1; Matthew 28:19-20; John 14:15-17
- We believe Jesus Christ was born of the Virgin Mary, fully God and fully human, and lived a sinless human life. He willingly took all of our sin(s) upon himself, died and rose again bodily, and is at the right hand of the Father as our advocate and mediator. Some day, he will return to fulfill the eternal plan of God.
Matthew 1:22, 23; Isaiah 9:6; John 1:1-5, 14:1; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 1 Timothy 2:5; Hebrews 7:25
- We believe apart from Jesus Christ, all people are spiritually lost and, because of sin, deserve the judgment of God. However, God gives salvation and eternal life to anyone who trusts in Jesus Christ and in his sacrifice on his or her behalf. Salvation cannot be earned through personal goodness or human effort. It is a gift that must be received and is secured by humble repentance and faith in Christ and his finished work on the cross.
Romans 3:21-26; Romans 5:1-11; Ephesians 2:8-9
- We believe the Holy Spirit convicts the world of sin and draws people to Christ. He also dwells within all followers of Jesus. He is available to empower them to lead Christ-like lives, and gives them spiritual gifts with which to serve the church and reach out to a lost and needy world.
2 Corinthians 3:17; John 16:7-13, 14:16-17; Acts 1:8; Ephesians 5:18