Mosaic partners with the Haiti Foundation of Hope (HFH), a Vancouver, WA, based organization that addresses the physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of people in northern Haiti.
About Northern Haiti
In this poverty-stricken region, daily life is very difficult as a result of malnutrition, infectious diseases, droughts, tropical storms, flooding, crop failure, and a shortage of safe drinking water. Major storms in 2004 and 2008, as well as the January 2010 earthquake, have wreaked havoc that will take many years to overcome.
About Haiti Foundation of Hope
HFH serves three villages in Northern Haiti. Pastor Delamy Bazilme and his wife Elvire are the primary leaders in the churches and greater communities of the area. They have built the ministry to meet the “whole person” through Christ-centered churches that are at the core of HFH’s work. HFH supports various programs in Haiti aimed at enhancing health, education, and economic development. The goal of each of these projects is to work with the local community to encourage ownership, leading to self-sustaining practices.
HFH programs include: a full-time medical clinic, a wholistic community health project, a primary and secondary school, a women’s trade school, a micro-enterprise program, a school lunch, and a clean water project.
Mosaic and Haiti Foundation of Hope
- Mosaic has committed regular financial support to HFH’s community health program, lead by Haitian physician Dr. Avril. Dr. Avril works with a small team of health professionals to provide ongoing medical care at HFH’s clinic. He also oversees a group of community trainers who train local villages on essential health practices while sharing the love of Jesus.
- Medical teams travel to the village of Terre Blanche to provide medical clinics through HFH.
- Micro loans are made to individuals who form small groups for accountability, training and encouragement. HFH develops training materials and evaluation tools and raises funds for loans.
- An education team provides relevant curriculum support for HFH’s primary school of 600 students and secondary school of 300.
- Special projects: Through 2012 Advent giving, Mosaic renovated an old classroom into a library for the 1000 students who attend the local school.
- Join a Mosaic support team in one of the key areas listed above. Contact Dave Zollner: email@example.com
- Sign up as a candidate for a medical team.
- Donate directly to Haiti Foundation of Hope.
- Pray for the ongoing work in northern Haiti and that the programs of HFH would be a door for sharing Jesus’ love.